Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Getting Ready for Christmas

Seems like time is flying by and I don't have time to do all the things I really want to do. I had such big plans and ideas and it seems like I won't have time to do everything. I am trying to just relax and enjoy. We got our tree the weekend after Thanksgiving, as usual. Didn't take long at all as the vote was unanimous pretty quickly. We got it home and up immediately but still only have lights on it -- no ornaments yet. It has only fallen once and then Bill wired it up so hopefully it will stay put. 

Looks like somebody doesn't care about getting a Christmas tree!















We have been reading an advent book and also have been opening a calendar door of our advent calendar each day. We have really enjoyed reading the book each morning and this year I actually have done it every single day.  
























We have read quite a few Christmas books so far and one of our favorites is The Twenty-four Days Before Christmas by Madeleine L'Engle. It is a quick read but a really sweet book. We buy at least three or four new Christmas books every year and have baskets and baskets of books all over the house right now. The kids love to go through the baskets and pick out a book to read -- actually makes for some very quiet afternoons. 

2 comments:

  1. I would LOVE a list of your favorite books! Both a list of your favorite Christmas time books and a list of your favorite books in general. Any age group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love so many books and would be happy to send you a list. Your kids are all younger than mine -- I think -- except maybe Bella. But, I will make a list of some of my favorites and some that Bethany likes a lot -- she is 7. The Christmas books will be for all ages -- old and young.

      Delete