Monday, April 1, 2019

Keeping Up

There have been so many times in the past couple of weeks that I knew it was time for this blog to end. It has been kind of fun blogging about our adoptions and just our everyday lives, but the truth is that we are pretty boring people. We do the same things day in and day out and we don't even go to many places. So, I am feeling that the blog has become the same thing over and over and over. It seemed time to end. I kind of hated to end it, but things to write about seem to elude me.  Then last week my daughter that is in nursing school texted a question about Claire -- questions about years and years ago when she had leukemia. I answered the first question easily and the second one part way. I realized all of a sudden that I had actually forgotten some of the things I didn't think I would ever forget. But, there were some details and dates I could not remember. That made me think of my blog and how many times I have gone to it to look up dates or little things we could not remember -- like how many hours did Bethany use her vest in 2016 or when did she get her last vest. I usually mention some of this stuff on my blog and can find out the answer to quite a few questions we might have in less than 5 minutes. It was this that made me want to try to revive my blog and hold on a little longer. That and the fact the kids absolutely love to look at it and go back several years to see what they were doing and what they looked like. There is not a day that goes by that one of the kids isn't looking at the blog or one of our blog books.  It seems important to them. 

So, I guess I will try to continue though I have very little to say and we tend to do the same old same old constantly. But, I know I won't journal and I probably won't take the time to write the little things that happen or little details of our lives anywhere but here. It does make a nice yearbook at the end of the year. 

Our weekend was nice, but we were here just about all day every single day. The kids played out and I took a few pictures. I can't wait till it is really warm and we drink iced coffee on the porch every morning. I am hoping my daughter will come by occasionally and join me. 



























Piper has worked so hard to lean to jump rope. It didn't seem like she would ever really get it. Then this weekend she called me out and she could not only jump, but for over 20 times straight. She was so thrilled and so was I. She is loving her new jump rope for sure. 






































11 comments:

  1. Please don't stop blogging I love reading about your family! I'd be interested in reading more about how you manage to do all that you do. As a mom of only 4, 3 of them daughters..the oldest with DS I know how hard it is. You make it seem so easy. Mine are grown now and we have 3 grandchildren. I seriously don't know you do it all....tell us about a typical day in the life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind. Our typical days are pretty boring, though I could tell a little about them sometime. I guess we have gotten into a routine that works for us and goes fairly smoothly - most of the time.

      Delete
  2. I second Linda's comment. I love your blog and never find it boring. Reading about someone else's day is the kind of blog I love. I am grateful to you for making special needs seem normal to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you so much. I actually am surprised as I have been thinking lately that my blog could not have gotten much more boring. Like I said - we really don’t do many things and ours days are fairly similar. I also appreciate what you said about me making special needs seem normal.

      Delete
  3. This is my very favorite blog. I would be so sad to see it go. Even if some weeks it's just a few pictures, between the more newsy posts, I would be fine! Plus, I am always checking to see how Joey is doing. Please continue to blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly appreciate your comment and I’m always so thankful that you remember Joey. I will probably continue for a while longer as I did realize this blog has become like a small journal for our family. It helps me remember dates and information I might forget otherwise. It really struck me how much I had forgotten when Abigail was asking me questions about the time period that Claire was fighting leukemia.

      Delete
  4. Please don't stop blogging!!! I love your pictures and I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading for years and enjoy the blog. As a mom of 4, I like to see the activities your kids do and the decorating/crafts/cooking around the holidays. I'd also love to hear more about how you schedule things or organize, such as cooking for such a large family, laundry, cleaning, etc. For example, do you all go grocery shopping? Do many of them share bedrooms. Do you go to the library with them, etc. These seemingly "boring" things are the most interesting when the reader has children and is always looking for tips and ideas to see how others do things! I also enjoy hearing about the older kids, particularly the jobs/careers/education they have chosen and how that is going.
    Sue H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have given me a few things to think about that I have not even considered blogging about - and most of them would be very quick and easy to write about. I will keep this in mind.

      Delete
  6. No matter your final decision, I want you to know that I really love and appreciate your blog. I feel very privileged to have been able to follow along with your ever-changing as long as I have. I feel privileged to have been able to follow along with your adoption story as it grew and evolved, and to learn about all your kids and to watch them grow. I'm a follower from I believe back during Bella and Sophia's adoption, and I'm so happy to know they are thriving. That said, I think you have a lot of great information here, especially with the homeschooling ideas, holiday celebrations, and other stuff. Also - it's such a calming, beautifully-written blog with stunning pictures. I love hearing about what you're reading - even if it's the same books each season! Seeing the interesting outside activities your kids come up with (outside kitchen, games, crafts, etc) really makes my day and gives me ideas for the future (I'm expecting my 1st child currently). Your time is precious and I so appreciate that you've taken time out of your busy lives to write this. Sometimes it's just nice to take a moment to read about the minutiae of someone else's life and get lost for a little while! In the big, wide world, your little slice of heaven seems so nice, and I hope one day I live somewhere as beautiful as you do! So, thank you for writing. Whether you eventually decide to stop, or keep going, I do think it is a nice resource for others as well as for yourself, as you said, to look back on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the nicest comments I have ever gotten. Thank you so much.

      Delete