Thursday, October 1, 2015

China

Months and months ago I saw a picture of a little girl that really jumped out at me. She was on an adoption waiting list. I kept looking and looking at her picture. Then I sent it to Bill. He said she was cute and we didn't talk about her again. Then I decided to send an email to the agency and ask about her. I got an email back saying that we could see her file, but there were five people ahead of us looking at her. I got her file, read it and showed it to Bill and he read it. Then we just waited. Then an email came that she had less than two weeks left and her file would be returned. I wrote the agency again and asked where we were on the list and was told that all the others had decided not to proceed and we were the only ones left. I couldn't believe it. So, I asked what we needed to do and we started all the paperwork and within a couple of weeks we had PA (pre-approval) from China to adopt her. 

I still can't believe that we are adopting again. We had said that Bella and Sophia were our last adoption and meant it. I did occasionally look at waiting children, but not seriously until I saw "her". 































Once we got PA for her we decided to apply to adopt a second little girl and got PA for her also.






They are in two different orphanages in different provinces -- and we can't wait to meet them.


8 comments:

  1. How exciting. They look so sweet! I'm looking forward to following your journey to them.

    Sue H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. They are precious little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful little girls. Best wishes with your latest adoption journey!

    Susan in Kentucky
    Cousin to 2 from U.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful! I'm so excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Saying prayers for a smooth journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you, and these two lucky little girls, who are about to experience a family with extraordinary amounts of love! Please keep your readers up to date, even though I'm sure it will be crazy busy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were so busy getting ready for our trip that I did NOT see this! I'm so surpirsed and happy for you! Wow! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete