Sunday, January 22, 2017

Reading Log and Memory Lane

We are still using our mark-your-time bookmark when we read each day. Each day that we read we pull out the bookmark and push the button and it continues to log our time. Yesterday it read 10 hours and 2 minutes so far for this month - 21 days. I am a little surprised we haven't read more but we have had a pretty busy month getting things done and putting away all the Christmas stuff. We haven't even read today. But, we do enjoy just seeing how much we have read each day. We still have 9 more days this month so we will see how that goes.

Since my computer is in the shop and my hard drive being replaced I have no pictures really to post. Then I decided to go back through old folders that had a few pictures in them that we had used in the past. I got on Bill's computer and found some old pictures of several of the kids and had fun looking back. So, I am posting a few of them. They are from 2007 and as I look at them I kind of miss my girls being so small. 

The first one is of Caroline and Katie on the merry-go-round at Kings Dominion. Caroline was around 6 years old and Katie was 13. 






































I'm not sure why, but I have always loved this next picture of Sarah raking in our front yard. She was around 8 years old. How I miss her being so little. 



























Next is Abigail having a tea party when she was 10 years old. She used to love to have tea parties with her dolls and the other kids.































And the last two are of Megan. Megan is a resident in Georgia and she is an Internist. She graduates from her residency program in August of this year. She has always worked so hard at everything she does. It has been a long hard road, but she is just about done. In these pictures she was in Ukraine working in an orphanage. We adoped Caroline from Ukraine in 2001. One of the families that we traveled with started a special needs program there to help kids that were not adopted and families with special needs children. Megan traveled with them every year to help in the orphanages or to teach Bible School or whatever they needed her to do. She was sad when she joined the army -- to help pay for medical school -- and they would not allow her to travel to Ukraine to help in the summer. But, knowing my daughter, she will travel there again one day to help with a medical team. She is just that kind of person - always wanting to help.































Not having my computer and pictures has sent me down memory lane looking at the really old photos we have of our kids and I have actually enjoyed it this evening. Maybe I will look at more tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment