Wednesday, July 11, 2018

What We Are Reading

We finished Because of Winn-Dixie then went on to read Stuart Little by E. B. White -  which was a very fast read. Then we read Summer Days With the Treelo Triplets by Mary M. Landis, and now we are reading The Trumpet of the Swan by E. B. White. I have never read this book and so far we all like it. Looks like it is basically going to be about a swan that was born without a voice and how he and his family deal with it. We haven't actually read enough of this book to know exactly what direction it is going in, but so far it seems to be focusing on Louis -- a baby swan born with no voice. 

My pictures today have nothing to do with reading or anything we have done this week. I saw a few pictures of Asher and Evelyn (grandkids) last night as I was going through pictures on my computer, and knew I needed to post them. When my grandkids come to visit they always seem to want to eat. Evelyn is barely in the door and is asking for ice cream or cereal -- must be her two favorites. I think I also must give out more ice cream than her dad. Asher is having some watermelon at my kitchen table and I thought he looked so adorable. It is nice to have my grandkids come visit and also nice that I still have my younger kids at home that love to play with them. 


























2 comments:

  1. Have you read anything by Elizabeth Enright? My kids have loved "The Saturdays" and the other books in the series. We also love "Thimble Summer." I know your kids would love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have read a few by her. She wrote one of our favorites - "Gone-Away Lake" . We love that book. Maybe we will read "Thimble Summer" after this book. I think it is on our library shelf, but we have never read it.

    ReplyDelete