Sunday, February 7, 2021

The Weekend

We had a nice weekend. The kids played outside a lot - swinging, on the see-saw, jumping rope and all the other things they think of to do. 

The new fabric came on Saturday and Bethany and Tess were really happy as they were ready to make some doll clothes. The felt was kind of a disappointment as it was different from any felt I have bought before. It was rather stiff and thin and not very soft. It wasn't really that great to make troll clothes with but they did manage to make one outfit with it. I'm not sure how I ordered this felt, but I obviously wasn't paying attention and reading the description. I have ordered more and this time, hopefully, it will be nice and soft. The fabric I ordered was nice and both Bethany and Tess used it. Bethany actually ended up working on a dress for Bella after she made some troll clothes. It is turning out really cute. 

We woke up to snow today and it was so beautiful and so peaceful to watch as Bill and I had our morning coffee.  I do love to watch it snow - don't like to go out in it much, though. It didn't last long and it rained and washed most of it away, but it was so pretty for a few hours. 

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend - ours was really nice. 




 












 
I made homemade vegetable soup on Saturday and we had it for dinner with grilled cheese sandwiches. 
The kids loved it - they are so easy to please. Anyway, I think it was Tess that asked me to light the candles for dinner so I did. We just started doing this occasionally - actually an idea from my older son and daughter who both started lighting candles every night for dinner. The kids think it makes dinner really special even if we are only eating soup and sandwiches. 




4 comments:

  1. Wow, impressive troll clothes! Very cute. Your daughters are very creative!

    Sorry the felt you ordered didn't live up to expectations - I've also encountered flimsy, thin, stiff felt in craft stores lately. Perhaps fabric stores would have felt as it used to be: soft, thicker but not too thick, and definitely not stiff. I think it's acrylic or something similar, not wool.

    Modern felt does work well enough for appliqued penny rugs for doll houses, however. I made a couple for my Hitty House, using blanket and thorn stitched embroidery floss to sew the decorative bits of felt onto the background, and was happy with the results.

    Susan in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had already mentioned to the girls that maybe they could use the stiff felt for rugs for one of the dollhouses. They haven’t started trying that yet, but I’m sure they will. Maybe after they tire of making doll clothes. I think it’s a great idea.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, the troll outfits turned out adorable! Perhaps an Etsy shop is in the girls' future if they would enjoy making and selling them!

    Sue H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment will thrill the girls. They are working on more this week.

      Delete