Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Baby Shower

My son and his wife, Shannon, are expecting their first baby in October. On Saturday my daughter, Emily, and I gave her a baby shower. We did a pink and blue theme as we do not know if the baby is a boy or girl -- they wanted to be surprised. So the basic theme was "is it a girl?" or " is it a boy?". We had pink Jordan Almonds and blue Jordan Almonds and pink mints and blue mints -- even pink and blue lemonade. I think it turned out quite well and she had family and friends that traveled all the way from Pennsylvania to be here for her -- about a 5 hour drive, I think. It was only nine months ago we had a shower for my daughter Meredith, and now, less than a year later, we will have another little grandchild. 






























We made lemonade and used food coloring to try to make it blue -- it looks more green blue to me but my daughter insists that it is blue. It was the best we seemed to be able to do, anyway. The pink was easy.



































































Reagan definitely liked the decorations and she also liked the food -- the little that her mom let her taste. 



















































I saw this idea and thought it was cute  -- make a calendar and have everyone write their name in the box with the date that they think the baby will arrive. Then the mom-to-be takes it home to keep. 
























 A friend's daughter checking to see if her guess on how big around Shannon's tummy is could be the closest guess. We joked and told her she could NOT measure herself to get an idea of the correct measurement. 


















































1 comment: