Thursday, January 30, 2014

Feeling Better

Bethany is feeling so much better already. I am surprised at how quickly she has improved this time. We are still having her do her vest a little longer than the norm,  and she still has a long way to go on the antibiotic, but she definitely is doing so much better. Eating is still a problem, but that is not unusual. I actually spent over sixty dollars buying some high calorie drinks (350 per 8 oz.) and they arrived today. I chilled them and gave her one. She hated it. She said it was going to make her sick. I got half of it in her and that was it. I guess a waste of money. I don't think she will be drinking many of them. 

Since Bethany has been sick, and it has been really cold, we have spent a lot of time reading -- a pleasant thing to do on a cold snowy day with a sick child. We read Here's A Penny by Carolyn Haywood, which happened to bring up the subject of being adopted and how special it is -- Penny is adopted and wants his parents to adopt a big brother for him. We also read "C" is For Cupcake by Carolyn Haywood and we are now on the last chapter of Annie Pat and Eddie also by Carolyn Haywood. I keep finding more and more Carolyn Haywood books to read and most of them are already in our home library. We are really enjoying all of them and if Bethany had her way I would read them almost all day long. 

Andrew has spent a lot of time putting puzzles together and playing with his Snap Circuits. He has made all kinds of neat things with them. Now Bethany, Caroline and Jordan are starting to want to play around with his Snap Circuits and they have definitely had fun with them. 






























It has been so cold the past couple of days that most of the kids don't want to go outside -- except Bethany. So, they had a baking day. Bella just watched and then ate a big cookie. 










5 comments:

  1. So glad Bethany is feeling better! I hope her appetite will return soon, too. Meanwhile, have you all read the "Betsy-Tacy" books, by Maude Hart Lovelace? A different Betsy than the Haywood books, but another great series.

    How did the cookies turn out??

    Susan in Ky
    Cousin to 2 from EE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have read the Betsy-Tacy books. I love those books and so do most of my kids. We even gave one of them to the little girl next door for Christmas -- her mom had never heard of them.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad she's feeling better! I love snap circuits and give them for gifts whenever I can. It's such a great toy and I'm not sure many people know about it. Another favorite inside activity is Ed Emberley's fingerprint drawing book and washable ink pad. A fabulous project for the 5-10 year old who likes art.

    Sue H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love the snap circuit set but I have never heard of the Ed Emberley fingerprint book. I will have to check that out for these days of inside play.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that Bethany is doing better. It's so hard to get underweight children to consume more calories. I hope she continues to improve.

    I love the pictures of the girls baking and hearing of your reading and indoor play.

    ReplyDelete