Thursday, January 18, 2018

This Machine

I would have never guessed how much everyone would like this sewing machine that Bethany got for Christmas. Everyone is constantly standing over the machine and watching whoever is sewing and trying to get a chance themselves. It has been used constantly since we got it set up and working. Andrew seems to have really taken a liking to it. Bethany isn't always happy about that, as he wants to take over and try out everything on the machine -- that's the way he is, always taking things apart and trying out anything and everything he can. Piper has already said she is asking for a sewing machine for Christmas -- thinking way ahead. 

I actually get a lot of joy watching them sew. I think Bethany has used up every single scrap of material she can find and now says she is saving to buy more. Watching them makes me want to learn how to sew.

Andrew is figuring out how to do something new as the girls all wait - again, I don't think Bethany wants him to figure out anything. She just wants to move ahead on her own. Actually, this evening I found Bethany in a room all alone with the machine set up and sewing. She said she just wanted to sew by herself. I guess we need more than one machine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment