Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Cooking Class

We have missed doing our cooking class for several weeks -- not that I haven't been reminded quite a few times by Tess. So, I realized we needed to get back to it and planned on doing it today. I meant to run out and get all the stuff we needed but somehow never got around to it yesterday. So, rather than totally miss it we just decided to make something with the ingredients we had on hand. We chose cornbread -- easy, and we had everything we needed. 











We made it in a cast iron skillet because I remember my grandmother doing that and she made cornbread almost every single day. The kids all looked shocked when I pulled out the skillet and were certain it would not cook right, but it did and was really good.

They said it was so much better than the boxed mixes we usually use. According to them it was delicious!







No comments:

Post a Comment