Saturday, November 24, 2018

Thanksgiving and Getting Ready For Christmas

We had a nice Thanksgiving with family and friends. It really was a good day and we all enjoyed visiting and it would have been truly perfect except for the fact that Joey could not make it. He was feeling very bad and could not come - though Shannon brought the kids for a little while so we got to visit with them. We are hoping he will be feeling better soon. 

I actually got almost no pictures of our day and I really regret that. It just seemed to get late so fast and there was so little light that I only took a few pictures and most of them were just too dark. I usually do a much better job in the camera department, but not this year. So the only two pictures I have to post of Thanksgiving day are these next two. The first one is of two of my girls, Katie and Emily - one a nurse and one a police officer. Then I have one of adorable baby Finn - 3 months old. He was not the youngest here though, as our newest grandson made it and he is only 2 weeks old. 





Oh, and I forgot to mention that we had a total of 46 people here Thanksgiving day. It may sound like a lot, but it didn't seem like that many. 

As soon as Thanksgiving was over Bethany and Tess got the idea to finish the tree up in their room. Bethany put the lights on it - clear this year. She wanted clear lights and to spray the tree with snow and only use a few ornaments. They have a small tree that we bought at Walmart for only $22 and they love it. 





















The last three pictures are of our granddaughter, Evelyn, who definitely wanted to get in on the decorating.  Everyone had fun and the tree is finished. It looks nice and I think Bethany, Piper and Tess are happy. 



2 comments:

  1. 46 people, wow! I am sorry to hear that Joey was not feeling well and couldn't join the festivities, and hope that he will be well for the Christmas celebrations. I continue to pray for him nightly, and to ask God for complete healing for him.

    The girls did a beautiful job on their tree, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your prayers for Joey. Thank you.

      Delete