Monday, June 22, 2020

Sunday

I had a long post thought out and a lot to say but it has gotten late and now I am just going to try to get our day documented and some pictures up of what we did. I had promised the kids we would make ice cream so today was the day we did it. We mixed all the ingredients together and heated them on the stove for a few minutes, chilled it and then put it in the ice cream maker on the porch. I guess it took about 35 minutes and then it was done. It turned out great and we all loved it. I think we will make it again next weekend. 
















We also made peach cobbler with some of the peaches we just got. We are going to use them in the ice cream next weekend. Anyway, the girls did just about all the work on the cobbler and it turned out great and they loved it. 













Bethany and Tess have really gotten into knitting and I have gotten them yard and needles finally. They are having a lot of fun knitting and talking about all the scarves they will knit this year for Christmas. I'm really happy they are loving this so much. I have always wanted to knit, but never learned - I guess they could teach me now. 






It was also a great day as my daughter brought over my new granddaughter, Kennedy, to visit and we sat on the porch and rocked and talked. It was really nice visiting and I'm hoping we will do more of that this summer. This is actually Abigail holding Kennedy - not her mom. Abigail is getting married in 6 days - Saturday the 27th. 



No comments:

Post a Comment