Sunday, June 7, 2020

The Weekend

The kids decided to put up their new badminton set this weekend. I bought it months ago and we just had not gotten it up. Today, Bethany and Tess were very anxious to get it up so they could play. They did most of the work, with a little help from dad and myself, and got it up in time to play a few games before bedtime. They really enjoyed playing it tonight and we actually have some birdies that light up so you can play as it gets dark. They think that's really fun. 




























Our garden is doing ok. We do have lots of green tomatoes right now and hopefully we will get them before the deer or any other animals do. 

























The other garden was not as lucky as this one as the deer ate all of our green beans - well, most of them. So, it's not looking too good. I don't know how we will keep the animals out as we have so many around here. There are probably 5 or 6 deer in our yard almost every morning. I bought something to put around the gardens to keep them away, but it does not help much. 

























Tess loves to help in the garden. I think I said before that the first picture I ever saw of Tess was in a garden in China. And she still likes being in a garden - she lasts much longer working than the other kids. 

Hopefully we will get a few vegetables this year - though, I don't think I have much of a green thumb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment