Saturday, August 15, 2015

In The Garden

I love flowers and I have always wished I was one of those people that planted and worked in the yard and garden most of the spring and summer. I always think that I will do better this year and plant a vegetable garden and a flower garden. Of course, most of the time I never get around to it. I usually buy the seeds and occasionally I will actually buy a few plants. I will usually still have my packs of seeds at the end of the summer and know that again I have failed to be that person I want to be.

This year Bethany and I went out and bought lots of flower seeds in the spring. We were going to plant a garden. Again, time went by and the seeds sat in the house in the bag they came in. Finally, Andrew came to me and asked if he could plant the flower seeds. At first I didn't want him to as I was going to plant that garden this year. Then I realized that I probably wasn't really going to get it done and thought -- why not? So, I gave him the packs of seeds to do whatever he wanted and he was thrilled. He dug and planted and even weeded a little. 



Finally the flowers are blooming and they actually look very pretty and I am really enjoying them. 



























Bethany and Jordan helped a little, but Andrew did most of the work. He would go to the window almost every morning and check to see if they had grown at all. 



























He has been pretty excited about how well his garden has done. Now he and Bethany pick flowers to give to the neighbors and friends. 

 I'm thinking that maybe I will let Andrew plant the garden from now on. He actually does it instead of just dreaming about it like I do.


1 comment:

  1. Andrew is so sweet. You can see in his eyes how he loves the garden! I have come to that conclusion lately too, that the things I dream of doing, that I never seem to get to, can be delegated to my 4 if they have any interest. They amaze me! And It has been just as wonderful to see them accomplish the things I don't have time for. They feel honored and are very responsible about it too! ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete