Friday, March 31, 2017

What We Are Reading

This month we finished reading Gone Away Lake by Elizabeth Enright which we loved. I have read it so many times and still love it every single time I read it. Then we read Return to Gone-Away by Elizabeth Enright which is the sequel to Gone Away Lake. We all liked this book but not nearly as much as Gone Away. Then we read Primrose Day by Carolyn Haywood. This book was originally published in 1942 and was about an English child that was evacuated to America dring World War II. Bethany loved this book and Tess told me it was really good. Then we read Away Went the Balloons by Carolyn Haywood and next The Doll People by Ann M. Martin & Laura Godwin. Several of the kids loved this book. I had seen it mentioned on another blog and bought it. After I got it I kind of regretted buying it. It just didn't look that good to me, but it was actually a really cute book and some of the kids begged and begged for another chapter. I read 16 chapters in one day. I don't usually do that, but with so much begging and begging I gave in and did. 

This month our mark-my-time read 20 hours and 24 minutes. Not too bad considering I was in the hospital with Piper for surgery and when she came home we had so many appointments and she really needed a lot of one on one care. I would like to be reading more like 25-30 hours a month. 

Tess says she wants to take piano lessons so we may check out lessons for next fall.




No comments:

Post a Comment