Thursday, September 7, 2017

That's Just The Way He Is

Yesterday was not my best day. Nothing terrible - just stressful and tiring. My son, Joey, texted me and asked how I was and I told him I was fine, but it had not been a great day. He assured me that the next day would be better and told me to get some hot chocolate, put on a sweater and sit on the front porch and I would feel better. We only talked a few more minutes before we both had things to do. Later that evening after my grandkids had left and most of my kids were in bed I went upstairs and put on my pjs - ready to relax a little. I came downstairs and there was Joey. He had brought me milk, hot cocoa mix and some candy. Told me to have some cocoa and relax a little. He had only been off his chemo five days and he brought me something to help me relax and have a nice evening. 

After he left I texted my oldest daughter and told her what he had done and she said she wasn't surprised as in her words - "That's just the way he is." And it is. 

Joey and his little girl, Madelyn. Please continue to pray for him. 


4 comments:

  1. So kind and thoughtful, what a great son! He continues to be in my prayers for a full recovery, I hope he is feeling as well as can be expected. And I hope you are having a better day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You don't know how much we appreciate everyone's prayers.

      Delete
  2. I came here to catch up.(So many fun joyful posts!) And to check on your precious son. I'm keeping him in my prayers. And then I read this. Oh my heart, I am crying tears of JOY that he is so precious. What an incredible blessing he is. I have no words of comfort, I wish I did, I am praying.
    ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your prayers. Please continue to pray for him.

      Delete