Saturday, June 16, 2018

A Nice Day

I have been trying to get most of our doctor appointments over so we can enjoy summer without constantly going to the doctor. Things are slowing down now and there are not that many left. Today we just had our attachment therapist appointment and then our day was pretty much free. It was so wonderful. We had lunch and then read Mandy -- the kids kept asking for one more chapter and one more chapter. Then I took a break from reading and everyone had ice cream on the porch. 




























When they finished we went back in and read more of Mandy. I read several chapters and then I had a few things to do so I stopped for a little while and Bethany went outside to make flower chains. Tess and Piper saw and ran out to try their hand at making them, too. These girls spent well over an hour making necklaces and bracelets and even a few rings. They had so much fun. 


































They made something for almost everyone and it brought back memories of when I was a kid and did the same thing. Some things never get old. 




























After they had made all they wanted, they came back in and we finished the book, Mandy. Tess seemed to really enjoy this book more than most I have read lately. It really is a nice book and every time I read it to my kids I enjoy it all over again. 

When we finished the book they all did some drawings about the book -- most of them drew the cottage in the woods. That was one of their favorite parts -- Mandy fixing up the cottage and making a garden. 





It was a lovely day and I felt we had such a nice afternoon. Things did take a little turn for the worst when Bethany went to start her vest this evening and it would not work. We tried everything we could think of but to no avail. The front of the machine said -- Call For Service. That meant an hour of hand PT tonight. I have called the company and hope to hear back from them tomorrow. We need this machine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment