Sunday, June 3, 2018

What We Are Reading

It's been a long time since I wrote about our reading, but we have been reading daily as usual. We just finished The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy by Jeanne Birdsall. Everyone loved this book and asked to get another one in the series. So, I have ordered another Penderwick book. This book was about four sisters - ages four, ten, eleven and twelve and their father. They spend their summer vacation in a cottage on an estate called Arundel Hall, located in the mountains. They meet the boy that lives on the estate and share adventures with him - much to his snobbish mother's dismay. This is a lighthearted book with lots of adventures for the girls. My kids really got into it and asked daily for me to read. Before the book was finished they were asking me to buy the next book. 

While we are waiting for our next Penderwick book to arrive in the mail we are reading the book Mandy by Julie Andrews Edwards again. This is an old favorite for us and we have read it many times. Somehow it never gets old for my kids. I think it is the little cottage in the woods that my girls love so much. They love to hear how Mandy fixes it up and plants gardens and takes care of it. I enjoy reading it myself. 

Granddaughter Evelyn on my front porch right before the big rain storm yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment