Thursday, February 21, 2019

Memories

I was going through old pictures tonight as I do occasionally. I went back to when Piper and Tess first arrived home in 2016. It has been almost exactly three years, but in one way it seems like they have always been here and in another way it seems like it was yesterday. Hard to believe it has been three whole years. I picked a few pictures from when they first arrived. I think they had been here about three weeks. It was a wonderful time of getting to know them - except the kids were sick almost all the time. The sickness was not fun. 

I still remember the day we met Piper. We walked into the room to wait and they brought her to us. She went right to us with never a tear and was laughing and playing. That night we were absolutely exhausted - she was literally all over the place. She was running and jumping and grabbing everything in sight. She seemed to never tire. She still is quite active and runs much of her day, but I am getting very used to it. She is such a blessing to us. 

Tess was brought to our hotel room. We flew from Piper's region to the region Tess was in and went straight to the hotel and within 15 minutes or so Tess arrived. She was pretty quiet and not nearly as social, but having Piper with us helped and they immediately started playing. I remember thinking that we finally have both of our girls and how blessed we were - and how tired we were. 



















































In this last picture of Tess playing outside she looks so young and small. 

























I saw this picture of Bethany in the same 2016 folder and had to post it, too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment