Friday, June 30, 2017

Goodbye June

"It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside." 
                          Maud Hart Lovelace, Betsy-Tacy and Tib


Sad to see June end when I don't even feel like we have done anything. I had big plans for this summer and it doesn't seem to be happening. I guess we still have two more months to do some things and maybe go to a couple of places. 

We have spent most of the summer here at home. The kids have played outside and when they are really hot they come in and look for things to do - bake, legos, make bracelets and dream catchers. Not much exciting going on, but it is nice to take a break from school. I always loved summer and so I want my kids to have some wonderful memories like I do. Of course, I know that it doesn't take a big trip or money to make a memory that really means something to you. I have memories that seem like nothing, but they were wonderful times to me. One would be walking to the ice cream store with my grandmother on a summer evening. We would get an ice cream cone and then start walking home as we ate it. Along the way, my grandmother would stop on people's porches and talk. I would just sit and listen to my grandmother and her neighbors, but even at a fairly young age I found the evening very enjoyable and still remember it fondly. Small, but meant a lot to me. 



















































































































4 comments:

  1. I love the picture where you can see the dirty knees! That's what summer should be about. How is Piper's foot/leg doing? And most importantly, how is Joey feeling? I hope he is able to enjoy summer on his good days, praying for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Piper's leg is much better. She has been getting PT but we are
      pretty much done. We still do a few exercises at home. Joey is
      actually feeling a little better this week, but his numbers are not great
      so he will not be getting chemo this coming week as planned.
      Hopefully, he will be able to get it in another week or so. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  2. I'm just catching up here. As always, I love your pictures...all the of the children being children...lovely. I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer. Like you said, it's the little things that make memories. Praying with you for a miracle for Joey. I can only imagine how hard it is for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your prayers. Please continue to remember him.

      Delete