Tuesday, January 26, 2021

In The Kitchen

It seems lately that my girls are in the kitchen all the time. We used to have special days we would bake together and maybe make something special for dinner, but now baking is just what they do almost every single day. They have gotten good at it, too. I think in the past week they have made gingerbread, gingerbread cookies, chocolate chip cookies, a chocolate cake, oatmeal cookies, pudding and a cherry pie. They are always making something. It's actually kind of nice - we have plenty of snacks.  

I had to make this picture black and white as I took it in the evening and the light was awful. The only way to save the picture at all was to convert it. Tess is not in this picture, but she is the first to ask to bake - she loves to bake and cook and make anything in the kitchen. If anyone goes in the kitchen to make something, Tess is right there watching. When she first came I realized cooking was a good way to bond with Tess as she was always ready and willing. It really worked for us. 



2 comments:

  1. This picture in black and white reminds me of the old home economics pictures from back when I was in what we called junior high, but is now called middle school. A class I think they should still offer, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete