Friday, January 15, 2021

COVID19

I never got to finish my twenty-four days before Christmas posts because on Christmas Eve Bill was admitted to the hospital with COVID19. It was a rather stressful Christmas Eve and Christmas, but I got everything done and the kids had a nice Christmas. We had no company except our older kids came to our front porch to drop off gifts for everyone. We did our quarantine time and I had everyone tested just to be on the safe side. It was a blessing that we all tested negative. Once all the testing was done and Bill was doing better I started feeling much less stressed. Bill is home now and doing well - just a little tired. We are very thankful that all is well. 

So, it's too late for Christmas pictures now. I am hoping to do a better job this year at taking pictures and posting a little more frequently.  Bill gave me my blog book again for Christmas and I loved it and it made me realize how much keeping this journal means to me. So, I have made a decision that this year I will do a better job of journaling and posting pictures of what the kids do. We are back to school and doing well - enjoying history and literature as usual. I think this is going to be a good semester. 

I haven't taken many pictures this January - a little slow getting started. But, I do have Bella on the swing. Oh, how the kids love that swing. Such a small thing, but they are on it daily - even in the cold. Thank you Megan. 




9 comments:

  1. Thank goodness Bill is ok and none of you got it. That must have been very scary, especially with him in the hospital and how quickly people can become gravely ill with it. What a relief he is now home and recovered. Nobody in my family has gotten it yet and we are trying to be very careful. I love reading your updates and seeing all the pictures.

    Sue H. - a reader in Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just figured after day 23 you got swamped in the holiday festivities! So glad nobody else got it and your husband got through it. I have missed your pictures and entries, but that pales in comparison to health! I hope 2021 is a great year for your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I’m glad we are back to our normal routine now. I’m ready to get back to taking pictures and blogging.

      Delete
  3. Happy and relieved to end that Bill is home and healing. And, that your kiddo's at home are well, too, along with their Mama. Okay, this is my humble opinion... it's not too late to post some Christmas photos. I LOVE seeing all of the new baby dolls and Sarah's Nurse gear. ; ) You just may be sad to look at next years book and not have any Christmas photos to look at through the many years ahead.
    Or, you could do it for this one blog reader who loves all of the posts and photos on your blog!
    Hopefully, 2021 will bring much Happiness, Healing and Good Health for for You, Sharon, and for all of your beautiful large family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I will look and see what I got. I haven’t even put the Christmas pictures on my computer yet for some reason. But, I will do that and maybe put up a few. It is true what you say - I probably would regret not having any pictures of Christmas Day up.

      Delete
    2. I second what Jo's Corner said. I would look at Christmas photos til Easter!

      Delete
  4. Thank You so much, Sharon! I mean with all of the beautiful children living in your home and you having to be the Mama to all of them, you could have just gone on with life and not post the photos. It looks like a quieter Christmas, but I just believe that there many sweet memories were made.
    Take care of You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a quieter Christmas, but still nice.

      Delete