Sunday, January 24, 2021

US Army

As the kids get older they tend to not be on the blog as much and sometimes I get emails asking about one or two of the kids. I have been asked a couple of times about Andrew in the past months. Andrew left on January 12th for army boot camp. He turned 17 this past fall and signed up immediately. This is something that he has had planned for a long time. I got a letter from him this week and he said he was really having fun, which I thought very funny - not what I expected to hear. We will see how he feels in a couple of weeks. 

These pictures were taken when Andrew was helping with our gardens last spring. I really loved my raised gardens - though the deer and squirrels and birds ate almost everything in it. 



 

2 comments:

  1. Andrew grew up fast! Not sure if Ft Jackson is where Andrew is doing his basic training but my grandson is a drill Sg. there. I think Andrew chose a good career.So love seeing your photos and reading what the girls are doing and what all of you are reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew is in Oklahoma for boot camp - and apparently he likes it.

      Delete