Wednesday, December 23, 2020

The Twenty-Four Days Before Christmas Day - 23

Today for our special thing we got biscuits and apple pie for breakfast. We also made snowflakes, made sugar cookies and decorated them, made brownies, fudge and Rice Krispies Treats. We read and talked and just enjoyed our day. The kids did try to talk me into opening one gift today, but I stuck with one for tomorrow. 

The book in our bag today was Silver Packages - An Appalachian Christmas Story by Cynthia Rylant. This was a really good book and we all enjoyed it. It has been kind of fun to have these bags this year and open one every single day - a surprise book inside. We read a lot anyway, but the kids do like the surprise of these bags. I'm glad I bought these for them to paint and then put books in for each day leading up to Christmas. I think we will do this again next year. 







2 comments:

  1. Do you guys have "Apple Tree Christmas" by Trinka Hakes Noble? If not, I want to send it to your family. If you're comfortable with giving me your address, would you end it to me? My email address is bertholic630@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sorry - I just saw this. It did not come up in my email for some reason. We do have that book, but it was so kind of you to offer to send it to us. We love Christmas books.

      Delete