Saturday, December 3, 2016

The Twenty-Four Days Before Christmas - Day 3

Before I tell today's special "thing" I wanted to mention Zola. She left this morning to go to Washington, DC to play the harp at the White House with the AYHE (American Youth Harp Ensemble). I know the group will have a wonderful time and we are very proud of how hard Zola has worked. 



























So, today's special thing was that we baked gingerbread cookies. Andrew asked if we could do this first thing this morning. It seemed like a good day to bake as it was pretty cold outside and the kids weren't very interested in going out. Well, Piper wanted to but there was nobody to play with. 
So, Andrew got things going and I think Piper and Tess had more fun than anyone. They at least made more mess than anyone else!










































































Just about everyone helped. Some were more interested in decorating than baking, but everyone at least hung around and helped a little. It was very pleasant for me as Andrew did all the work and I just watched, talked, complimented and took pictures. My kind of project.





























Bella absolutely loved doing this. She was so excited and tried to help with everything. 



















































I think this was a great success today. Then I let them watch a Christmas movie and have some of their cookies -- the way they looked there was no way we could give any away!






















































No comments:

Post a Comment