Friday, December 22, 2017

The Twenty-Four Days Before Christmas - Day 22

Today was a little more difficult than usual as I had so much to do. I did waste some time this morning doing absolutely nothing, but I don't regret that as we spent probably an hour and a half just sitting in our family room listening to Christmas music and talking. The kids sat at the tree and looked for presents with their name. It was kind of nice just doing nothing. 

Anyway, our special thing today was that we went to McDonald's and got hot chocolate. The kids actually ate there first and then after they were done we got the hot chocolate. For some reason this is really fun for them so they didn't mind that it was kind of a last resort for me. Funny thing is that it was only McDonald's, but you would have thought we were in some nice restaurant the way they catered to us. They were so friendly and actually brought us our food and helped me divide it all up among the kids, and get their drinks, and even asked if I needed them to go back and get me something for a couple of the kids to put their food on. They could not have been any nicer. So, it was a good evening. I can't believe there are only two more days of our "special thing" before Christmas. It has come so quickly. 






































































































2 comments:

  1. I have so enjoyed reading about the special Christmas things you have been doing. I will be so sad when the 24 days is over, this is the first place I come to every morning! I think you did a two-fer today, as I would definitely count family time conversing and sitting around the tree as a very special family activity! I hope you and your wonderful family have a great holiday! I continue to pray for complete healing for Joey, and I hope he is feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for remembering Joey. It has been a hard fall for him. Please keep him in your prayers.

      Delete