Wednesday, December 19, 2018

The Twenty-Four Days Before Christmas - Day 19

Today I had a lot going on and didn't know if we would actually get a special thing done. I was gone several hours getting Sophia's pre-op done. It took a lot longer than I planned. She is having dental work done on Friday at the hospital. So, by the time I got home I was thinking today would be kind of a flop. But, then the kids asked if they could bring down one more bucket of Christmas books from the attic, and so that was our special thing - a bucket of Christmas books out of the attic. We have so many books that I had decided not to bring all of them down this year, but a lot of our favorites ended up somewhere in the attic so we thought one more bucket might bring down a few more favorites. It did. So, it was small, but it counts. Now the kids are loving having more books to read. 

These are just a few of the books we have out for Christmas. We have collected for so long - I can't even remember when we started buying a few new books each Christmas. Now we have so many that I buy very few, unless I see a very interesting looking one. I think this year we bought two new ones and both of the books were actually old books that were out of print. We probably have three or four more large buckets up in the attic we have not brought down and probably won't. 
































No comments:

Post a Comment