Wednesday, December 11, 2019

The Twenty-Four Days Before Christmas - Day 11

Today our special thing was something we have never done before. One of my older daughters did it and gave me the idea. So, today we went to the store and bought lots of chips, pretzels, candy, granola bars, cupcakes, coffee cake, bottled water, etc. and we went home and made two boxes of snacks for the delivery guys that come here basically daily. I don't think we have had one day in the past month, except maybe Sundays, that we have not gotten packages. I order a lot of my gifts and one of my daughters has her stuff sent here and Bethany has a lot of meds that come so it all adds up to a lot of packages. We actually had five different delivery guys here today, alone. When my daughter, Meredith, showed me the tub of goodies she put out for Amazon, UPS, USPS and FedEx, I immediately knew I wanted to do that, too. I was shocked at how excited the kids were. I literally thought Piper and Tess were going to bounce off the walls. It was strange as I didn't think they would think this was that exciting, but I was so wrong. They were grabbing stuff and putting it in the boxes and laughing and yelling - a little over the top to say the least.  I'm not sure why this was so much fun for them, but I'm glad they enjoyed making our two snack boxes so much. We put two boxes on our front porch - one near the front door and one near the side door. I hope the delivery guys enjoy. 























































































































2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I also have packages delivered most days. I may have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it has been a success as we have noticed lots of snacks have been taken.

      Delete