Tuesday, December 1, 2020

The Twenty-Four Days Before Christmas - Day 1

Today was the first day of our Twenty-Four Days Before Christmas and I passed out the advent calendars to everyone and I also had bought 24 canvas bags for the kids to paint and stamp. I will put a book or two in each bag and we will open a bag a day and read the books. It will not be chapter books as we already have those we are reading, but short books that have activities or beautiful stories or even books on family and traditions.  I might put a couple in some of the bags if the books are really short, but I think they will like the surprise each day of a bag with a book or two in it. I have bought some new books that we have never read before to put in some of the bags, but some will be old favorites. They at least had fun painting the bags though a few of them got a little carried away and we had some pretty wet, messy bags. I think it was a nice start to our 24 days. 












No comments:

Post a Comment