Tuesday, December 22, 2020

The Twenty-Four Days Before Christmas Day - 22

Today our special thing was to get Chick-Fil-A for dinner. May not sound like much, but it was the kids that voted to do that and they absolutely love Chick-Fil-A. So, I ran and got it and they were thrilled. It was an easy thing and since I had a fairly busy day it was nice. 

We started our new chapter book today - December Secrets by Patricia Giff. This is a very short book so will be a quick read. The book from our bag today was actually two books - The Carpenter's Gift by David Rubel and The Story of Holly & Ivy by Rumer Godden. They liked both books and could not seem to decide which one they liked best. 

We are winding down our twenty-four day countdown. It has seemed a little easier this year as we are home much more than usual - though I have had a few days I didn't know if I would think of something to do. The kids have enjoyed doing this no matter how small our special thing. Every single day someone is asking what our special thing will be. This is something they will not want to give up for a long time - though I do have a hard time thinking up new things to do. We do quite a bit of repeating - like new jammies and new socks and, of course, Christmas movies. Some things we will probably always do and hopefully I will be able to think of a few new things each year. All the kids love to look back and see what they did last year and the year before that. Piper and Tess especially love to look back and remember their first Christmas here and so do I. It is a blessing to be able to do this with my kids. 











No comments:

Post a Comment