Saturday, December 12, 2020

The Twenty-Four Days Before Christmas - Day 12

Today our special thing today was to bring Christmas books downstairs. We brought two boxes of books down. The kids always like to go through the books they have not seen in a year - they are like old friends. We have started bringing down the books on two separate days as we have so many it makes it easier to go through them and enjoy the time without so many books you get overwhelmed. After I brought them down the kids spent a quiet, happy hour just looking at them and doing a little reading. It was a pleasant time together. 

Our book from our bag today was Once Upon a Christmas Eve by Kathy-Jo Wargin and the new chapter book we are reading is The Lion in the Box by Marguerite DeAngeli.  We enjoyed both books. It will only take a few days to finish our chapter book and then choose another one. It seems we will not get through as many as I wanted to before Christmas. 








I also thought I would throw in a few pictures of the kids on the swing today as they were out there almost all day long. They were asking to go out as soon as they got up. Who knew a swing could be so exciting. 







2 comments:

  1. Your family has inspired me to gather up my own Christmas books and put them into a big red bag! Still looking for a few that are somewhere -(but who knows where??): "The Christmas Anna Angel", by Ruth Sawyer with gorgeous illustrations by Kate Seredy has yet to surface, along with a Big Golden Book Christmas anthology from my childhood. But I do have a big red bagful of (other) Christmas books to enjoy!

    I see lots of familiar titles among your collection, books I consistently used for library holiday storytimes. Good choices!

    Susan in Kentucky
    Retired Children's Librarian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love having all our Christmas Books together in baskets and buckets. We have also misplaced a few, though.

      Delete